Now I’ve read the title again, I can see that this may have been a little misleading. These pancakes are FOR baby’s not made FROM babies… Awkward.
Life is such an intricate map of decisions which will lead you down so many different pathways that never seem to have a final destination. From one choice made by two people looking to start a life together, we have managed to build a fantastic network and circle of amazing and awesome people.
When hubby graduated from university we knew that we wanted to live close to the beach. We chose a beach life close enough to our families in the “Big Smoke”, starting careers and meeting a whole bunch of new people who led us to meeting more people. It goes on from there through new jobs and lifestyle choices we met more and more people who, inevitably in a small town, know the same people you know. We now own two business in the community, are considered locals (we’ve been here almost 8 years!) and thrive on supporting our town and the people in it.
But it always surprises me when complete strangers who you might only see for 5-10 minutes a day become someone you can laugh with, share stories and life experiences with and watch grow their baby belly!
The newly married Mrs Woulfe is just one of the gorgeous and super nice people that work at the best coffee shop in town. G and the other staff have probably seen me in my worst mood and my best mood, but only for a few minutes at a time 😉 She always has a friendly smile for me and makes me feel like I’ve known her for years. When in fact if we total the minutes together we probably have only know each other for a matter of months. And that’s what I love about life. Pleasant surprises around each corner, that can lead to delicious tasting pancakes #sorryaboutthesegway
You see Mrs Woulfe is pregnant with her first bub. And this baby has excellent taste buds already. Apparently “burrito”, as they call it, likes spinach and oat pancakes. Well when I saw a photo of this on Instagram I had to make these! So I paleofied them ASAP and boy, they did not disappoint. Problem is I’m not pregnant and I can’t claim my pancake intake on cravings!
Thank you for sharing the recipe with me G and letting me paleofy your crazy pregnancy cravings. I must say, taste testing these was fantastic and my kids gobbled these down. They didn’t even ask why they were green!
This makes approximately 6-8 small pancakes / pikelets
- 3 tablespoons of raw coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup baby spinach (get it… ‘baby’ spinach!)
- 1 medium banana (save some slices for topping)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp of baking POWDER
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Making your Baby Pancakes
- Place all ingredients in a blender, wait for it, now blend for at least 30 seconds
- Heat a fry pan on a low to medium heat and spray some coconut oil or rub some coconut oil on.
- Pour your pancake mix into the desired size pancake on the heated pan.
- Wait for the top side to bubble and then flip.
- Cook other side or until you can’t wait any longer and need to eat these pancakes!
- Stack on a plate and top with slice banana and some extra coconut flakes.
- Optional extra is to drizzle wit organic grade b maple syrup or raw honey, or if you’re pregnant pickles and almond butter… ew
I have kept these in the fridge as well and used for kids snacks. Serve cold with some grassfed butter or even almond butter.